Wednesday 19 September 2007

Checked it out Wahl trend Hairclippers

Having owned a pair for two years I can for sure say, I have checked it out.

The Wahl trend cordless rechargeable hair clippers.

Wahl Trend Cordless rechargable Clippers


As someone who has short hair and dyes it bright colors regularly, I needed a decent pair of clippers and the Wahl trend clippers seemed to meet the criteria.

They have some great points, but some not so cool.

For starters, they are light, that is good.

They are cordless, and of course rechargeable, which is great.

Comes complete with the following

  • Scissors
  • Oil
  • Cleaning Brush
  • Barber Comb
  • Fader Comb
  • Cape
  • Charging Transformer
  • 2 Adjustable length attachement combs
  • 3 Hair Clips
  • Storage Case
  • Instructions


They have a range of hairclipping lengths from 1 all the way to a 14, which is an inch and a quarter, in metirc, that's 42 mm.

To be honest, I can't tell you how they work above a number 3 cut, but I am pretty sure all the lengths will be the same.

It comes with two guide combs, one for cut 1 - 7 and the other cut 8 - 14. The guide easily clips onto the clippers, and are adjusted by simply pushing the guide to the required length.


To be fair to Wahl, I am not patient and these clippers have been used alot, and I do mean alot, most weeks for a couple of years and bear in mind these are 'home clippers' so would usually be used less frequently. I almost forgot where I was heading.... Yes, through extensive use, i have found them to operate well, hold the charge well and cut cleanly. But... there has to be a but, recently I have been unhappy with the guide size.

The combs are plastic and the guide in the clippers has recently developed some freeplay, which means that a number 3 cut coud be a number 3 and a half or two and a half. But by pushing down hard, I have managed to sort it out. Like I said, lets be fair, I have used these alot and I am not a 'gentle soul' with them, well over 100 cuts and only in the past 2 - 3 occassions have I been bothered by this freeplay.

So having checked it out, what do I think?

Reliability - 5 stars - Never a problem
Durability - 3 stars - Just starting to get a problem
Design - 5 stars - I love electric blue, which happens to match my hair color this week.

Would I buy them again?

Yes, for sure, quite happy.

If you want a set try here Wahl 9627-217 Trend 14 piece Rechargeable Cord/Cordless Clipper Kit

Thanks for reading checked it out and come by again soon

No comments: