Thursday 20 September 2007

checked it out Firefox

I have had checked it out, Firefox browser.

Nothing but good things to say about it so far. Having held out with ie for years and tried opera and firefox a few years ago, I decided to have another go with Firefox.


I have to say it is now the browser of choice.

With web2.0 properties springing up all the time, I have found the add-ons to be easy to apply, useful, secure (well that is a relative term) and most importantly, the ydo what is said on the tin.

As I use laptops and a few computers, the asset I find most useful is the synchronisation of bookmarks. I add numerous sites everyday and delete them too. So an application that permits me to update bookmarks across all my computer access is a cool as toast item as far as I am concerned.

I have quite a few blogs I write to, as well as social networking applications and the integration with Firefox to many, of course not all, is great.

Applications like Cooliris, seo, google notebook and scribefire, make life even easier.

The session manager and retreival of previous sessions has proven useful on more than one occassion, particularly when using a laptop on the move, when signals can be lost but fortunately not the work.

Switching over from ie after many years requires a new thought process, things are not where they 'should' be, but that is cool and quickly becomes second nature.

Downsides, well the big one is the time it takes to fire up. It isn't a lifetime, but sometimes it feels like it. But once it gets running, I have found it does a great job.

Ratings...

Ease of use - 4 stars, only because I have had to learn
Ease of implemetation - 5 stars, seamless
Functionality - 5 stars, great add-ons and useful too.

Will I keep it. For now, for sure
Is it better than ie For someone who just browses a couple of sites and emails, priobably not worth the change, for everyoen else, yes I would say so, but take the time to learn to maximise its real value.

Now I have checked it out, you can try it here

No comments: