Saturday 17 November 2007

Checked it out freewebs

Having used Freewebs for a couple of months I can safely say, I have checked it out.

Freewebs, is a great site for blogging, as it provides many gadgets and widgets which can be added to a site, from videos, images, through shopping, to fun ideas. Freewebs, offers a free blogging service, which really comes with all many people will need for a blog, but there are also premium services available.

Although I was impressed with the site I have always found the statistics on visitors to be useless. It is nigh on impossible, with a free account to add one of the proprietary trackers and I therefore didn't use the service to anything like it's full potential.

That now is all behind us, as freewebs have just added a tracking system to the blog.

While blogger, remains a perennial favourite for new blogs, freewebs is fast on the tail, with it's comprehensive widgets and tools. Well worth having a look.

My own site over there is pretty basic, but will give you some idea.

Visit My Website

Ease of use 4 stars, easy enough, but a lot to learn
Personalisation 3 stars, a free account is a little limited with the templates

I will certainly be staying with freewebs and expect to use it more frequently, now the stats issue has been resolved

No comments: